How many people have viewed my blog?

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Long Distance Relationship [LDR]

Most of couples avoid talking about this thing because they think they'll spend their time together forever till the end of time (?)
Well the reason why I bring up the topic here is because my boyfriend and I, maybe, will be separated by time and land when we graduate. He wants to study abroad to Singapore and because my dad told me to stay here in Indonesia, the chance for us to separate is 90% (well the 10% will happen if he decides to study here). At the start, it really bothers me that I get depressed with it. Will I survive without him? But I think I shouldn't take it too serious because no one knows exactly what will happen next day, right?
Long distance relationship mostly ends up with unhappy ending because of trust issues and no communication between the couples. We will not know what happen there if our boyfriend doesn't contact us and say hi or stuffs and we'll begin to lose that 'trust' on him. When actually he's too busy with his college, we just think that he has another girl to impress. And then we will say those words, "I think we should talk seriously... I can't take it anymore. I think we should end this..." Eww. I r o n i c.
Well it won't end like that if you both keep in touch every time. You should remember this, "Don't contact her/him if you have time, but take some minutes of your time to contact her/him" She/he is not a choice but she/he is a priority. She/he has your heart and she/he needs you to tell her/him about your day. 
Here are some tips for you to get that happy-ending-story of your LDR:

  1. You should talk to each other everyday. Get skype, YM, Facetime, stuffs like that. Talk to him/her. Tell him/her about your day in college, etc.
  2. TRUST. You really need trust to keep your relationship go on. You won't sit like fool thinking what is he/she doing right there and who he/she is out with. 
  3. Go for a special date on special occasions (ex: Christmas, New Year, Valentine, his/her birthday) At least you both meet once or twice a year.
  4. You both should have plan. You won't have that LDR forever, will you? You both will meet at the end of the road and if it happens, you'll know what to do. If you know you can't live together, just END IT. It'll just make you two suffer. Or one of you should move to another's country. It is just about the end date of both of you.
Love is beautiful, my cuppycakes. But if you can't control yourself, it won't appear as beautiful as it is. You should understand it and know what you should do next to stay in that zone called LOVE| For you guys who are going to have LDR or in LDR, I wish all the best for you. Remember, just keep in touch and TRUST EACH OTHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment